Monday, May 16, 2011

The Darja Race for 77...

...was a huge success! Over in the United States the extended Daraja family and supporters were able to raise $52,000 towards the girls' education.  Over here in Kenya the girls proudly adorned their donated Bay of Breakers t-shirts as they completed 28 laps at .4 km per lap, for a total of 12 km.  I decided to join them despite jet lag and still getting re-accustomed to the 6,519 ft. elevation, and so happy I did.  Despite the event being good preparation for the Wild Camel Day half marathon coming up this July north of Rumuruti,  I had the pleasure of running half the race beside our sponsor Fatuma M.  Her enthusiasm and drive to complete every lap motivated me to ignore my effort at devising mental rationalizations at why it would be ok if I only ran half the race :)

Maria








No comments:

Post a Comment