Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Coastal Wildlife Sightings

These pictures were taken on the east coast of Kenya, specifically Nyali Beach and Bamburi Beach Nature Trail.  We had a successfully relaxing trip, and I was able to do a lot of birding.  My bird species count is up to 124, and I am attempting to identify a total 150 before we depart.  Lot's of mischievous vervets on the coast (my favorite)! Their dark faces are hard to capture, but I tried my best...

She's got an itch





I felt bad for this dispossessed male, so I shared my coconut with him.


One of the most mischievous caught in the act of conniving.




The third species of kingfisher I saw on the coast.  I have been waiting a whole year to spy one of these!

A weaver species doing what it does best.

A cormorant species


Cannabalism

The magnificent oryx




Monitor lizard



This is what happens when you litter!

1 comment:

  1. You have some remarkable photos and tales. I'm telling you, that coffee table book would be a hit.

    ReplyDelete